A Message from Rick Remmers, president, Chesapeake Conference
The coronavirus (COVID-19) has been making headlines for a number of weeks now. The impact in our local context is changing daily, and even moment by moment. As a result, there are growing questions about what our churches, schools and members should do.
The health and safety of everyone within our conference remains a top priority. We continue to work in cooperation with federal, state, local and denominational entities to actively participate in the effort to address public health concerns. The Chesapeake Conference administrative leadership team is providing ongoing guidance for our pastors and principals to equip and empower our local leaders to make decisions that will help maintain the safety of all of our communities. Let’s continue to pray for God’s protecting hand on our conference family and others around the world.
- If you need to contact one of our office personnel, please see our directory for contact info.
- If you would like to recieve weekly updates and inspiration, sign up for the Chesapeake Conference Currents.
Chesapeake Adventist Community Services (ACS) Response
The Chesapeake Adventist Community Services (ACS) department is coordinating with local churches and trained volunteers to respond to the coronavirus outbreak by establishing the following resources for anyone in need as well as ways to assist (click links for more info):
- A network of 16 church-based Food Pantries
- A dedicated Emotional and Spiritual Care Hotline in English and Spanish
- Four Medical Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Donation Centers in partnership with Maryland Emergency Management Agency (MEMA)
President Rick Remmers speaks with Ignacio Goya (on location), Adventist Community Services (ACS) director, via Zoom to discuss how Chesapeake is responding to the COVID-19 pandemic.
ACS is also looking for volunteers willing to serve the community in this time of need. Assistance is needed in the following areas:
- Emotional Care
- Spiritual Care
- Donations Management
- Health Care (licensed professionals)
If you are able to assist in any of the above areas, please fill out the short volunteer signup form.