We want to welcome you as a Chesapeake Conference employee. We are honored that you have chosen to spend your summer working for the Lord as you lead kids to Him. Before the summer fun begins, we need you to complete and return all of the following forms/trainings within 30 days of receiving your welcome packet by mail. We pray that you have a safe and inspiring summer. If we can assist you in any way, please let us know.
Your Chesapeake Conference Human Resource Team:
Andre Hastick, Director / firstname.lastname@example.org
Jennifer Stefan, Assistant Director / email@example.com
Lynzee Brival, Administrative Assistant / firstname.lastname@example.org
* * * REQUIRED EMPLOYEE PAPERWORK INSTRUCTIONS * * *
ALL FORMS MUST BE COMPLETED AND RETURNED
Please mail the following forms and copy of identification within 30 days of receiving your welcome packet by mail:
Chesapeake Conference of Seventh-day Adventists
Attn: Human Resources
6600 Martin Road
Columbia MD 21044
I-9 (Employment Eligibility Form)
ALL blank lines must be filled in with n/a and the appropriate preparer/translator box checked / Sample
Be sure to make sure your birthday is correct at the top of the form and that the date beside your signature in the middle of the form is the day you signed the form (be sure that you didn’t accidentally put your birthdate here).
A copy of your unexpired identification must be submitted with your I-9 form to the mailing address above. Below are documents that are acceptable, you need to achieve “green” status in order to be eligible for employment. Please submit one document from the green section or one from the blue and one from the yellow sections to make “green.”
Please also note that you must bring the original identification (not a photocopy) with you to camp to be viewed during staff check-in in order to complete the employment process, according to Federal Law, employment cannot begin unless this is brought with you.
W-4 (Federal Taxes)
We cannot advise you on your decision for tax withholding, however, as a general rule of thumb, if you are single and your earned income will be more than $12,000 for 2021, you may owe federal income taxes. We encourage you to use the worksheet included with the W-4 form or talk to a trusted family member.
- If you do not believe you will owe taxes, you can write “Exempt” right below line 4(c) of the form. Be sure to only complete sections 1 and 5 of the form. Do not complete anything in sections 2, 3, or 4. If you do not write “Exempt,” takes will be withheld. (See page 2 of form)
- If you believe you will owe taxes, complete sections 1 and 5, also complete sections 2, 3, and/or 4 if they apply to you. Do not write in “Exempt.”
MW507 Form (Maryland Taxes)
Required to fill out even if you are not a Maryland resident
If you are single and your earned income will be more than $12,000 for 2021, you may owe Maryland income taxes. We encourage you to use the worksheet included with the MW507 form or talk to a trusted family member. If you do not believe you will owe taxes, you can write “Exempt” on line 3 of the form. If you believe you will owe taxes, you will want to put the number of exemptions you are claiming on line 1. Be sure to only enter something on one of these lines, not both. Be sure to fill in the top three lines/boxes, then sign and date at the bottom. (If you are a resident of WV, PA, DE, VA, or DC and would like taxes withheld for one of these states, please fill out the Maryland form and request the other state form from us.)
EEOC Form (Equal Employment Opportunity)
Direct Deposit Form Be sure to include a voided check or a statement from your bank with your routing and account number stated to guarantee we have the correct account information. Also, include your email at the bottom of the form and sign the form.
Child Protection Training and Sexual Harassment Training must be completed
- Click on First-Time Registrant. Be sure to select Maryland as your state, Chesapeake Conference as your Conference, and Mt. Aetna Summer Camp as your location.
- If you already have an account under Chesapeake, you can just login instead of registering.
- If your account has completed Child Protection training and/or Sexual Harassment training after August 2018, you do not have to complete that particular training at this point. Otherwise, please complete both trainings.
For all staff ages 14-17
Once completed, print the form, sign it, have your parent/guardian sign it, and return the form with your paperwork to the address above.
Apply for a Work Permit
Youth Rules Website