- To help our young people accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior. Without Christ in their lives, we have no foundation from which to build on.
- To help mold the character of our young people as the Holy Spirit directs us. We are to be involved in the shaping of the lives of those God gives us to disciple. Discipleship includes the sharing our transformed lives with those who do not know the Savior of the world.
- To train our young people for service and mission.
- To provide opportunities for our young people for service and mission. In many situations we train our young people without giving various opportunities where they may invest their time, energy, and heart into a cause of using their God-given gifts and talents.
- Train the leaders for effectiveness, empowerment, and spiritual formation. Our young people need the best leaders, and we will give the best to our young people.
- To teach our young people our Adventist Heritage. This includes our history, our teachings, our mission, and our prophetic call as a church.
- Teach our young people the principles of Christian recreation. Our young people need to learn for themselves how to discern what is proper and wholesome for recreation.
CHESAPEAKE CONFERENCE – 2021 YOUTH MINISTRIES CALENDAR
Mar. 13 VIRTUAL – Children’s & Youth Leaders Enrichment Day (speaker – Pastor Diego Boquer)
Mar. 20 VIRTUAL – Pathfinder Union Level PBE 10am via Zoom
Apr. 10 VIRTUAL – Adventurer Coordinator @ 2:00-3:00pm AND Director’s Meeting @ 3:00-4:00pm
Apr. 10 VIRTUAL – Pathfinder Coordinator @ 4:00-5:00pm AND Director’s Meeting @ 5:00-6:00pm
Apr. 10 VIRTUAL – TLT Executive Committee Meeting via Zoom
Apr. 10 VIRTUAL – Master Guide Executive Council Meeting @ via Zoom via Zoom
Apr. 10 VIRTUAL – Spanish Federation of Club “FOC” Coordinators Meeting via Zoom
Apr. 10 VIRTUAL – Spanish Federation Youth Federation “FEJA” via Zoom
Apr. 17 VIRTUAL – Pathfinder NAD Bible Enrichment Championship – PBE – 10 AM
Apr. 20 Youth Pastor’s Meeting @ Ches. Conf. – 10am
April 23-25 Spanish Young Federation Retreat “Recharge” @ MARC (speaker – Pastor Javier Scharon)
April 23-25 Young Adult Retreat “CMD” (Community, Mission, Discipleship) @ MARC – (speaker – Pastor Josue Feliciano)
April 23-25 Generation Rain Weekend – High School Retreat @ MARC (speaker – Pastor Alvin Payne)
April 23-25 “iTell” – TLT Retreat @ MARC
May 16 Spanish Federation Area Soccer Day @ TBA
May 23 Spanish Federation Soccer Day FINALS @ TBA
Jun. 4-6 Adventurer Family Weekend @ MARC (speaker – Tim Lee)
Jun. 11-13 VIRTUAL – Spanish Camp Meeting @ HVA
Jun. 15-19 VIRTUAL – Family Camp Meeting @ HVA
Jun. 21-25 FLAG Camp – week #1 @ TBA
Jun. 27-Jul 4 Adventure Camp (ages 7-10) and C.I.T. 1 (ages 15-17)
Jun. 28-Jul. 2 FLAG Camp – week #2 @ TBA
Jul. 4-11 Junior 1 (ages 10-12) and C.I.T. 2 (ages 15-17)
Jul. 5-9 FLAG Camp – week #3 @ TBA
Jul. 11-18 Junior 2 (ages 10-12) and C.I.T. 3 (ages 15-17)
Jul. 12-16 FLAG Camp – week #4 @ TBA
Jul. 18-25 Tween 1 (ages 12-14)
Jul. 19-23 FLAG Camp – week #5 @ TBA
Jul. 25-Aug. 1 Teen (ages 13 – 16)
Jul. 26-30 FLAG Camp – week #6 @ TBA
Aug. 1 Family Summer Extravaganza @ TBA
Aug. 4-8 Pathfinder Camporee/Derby Day @ Terrace Campground & HVA Gym (speaker – )
Aug. 7-8 “iSplash” – TLT Waterski/Tubing Retreat @ Terrace Campground
Aug. 31 Youth Pastors Meeting @ Ches. Conf. – 10am
Sept. 10-12 Children’s & Youth Leaders Convention @ MARC (Speaker – )
Sept. 19 Adventurer Award Day – 10am @ Ellicott City Church
Sept. 24-26 Pathfinder Classoree @ MARC (speaker – )
Oct. 17 Adventurer Fun Day @ Carroll County Farm Museum, Westminster MD
Dec. 3-5 Youth Ministries Adv, Path, TLT, MG, FOC, YA, FEJA Coordinators Retreat @ MARC